This ca. 1920 photo shows the Foursquare house (23801 Farmington Road) at the northwest corner of Oakland and Farmington, with the Salem United Church of Christ in the background. The home and the church look very much the same today, but the little field of corn has long since been replaced by the Collinwood apartments.
Historic photo from Farmington: A Pictorial History by Lee Peel. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We’ll also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.