Farmington Hills’ historic Botsford Inn was built in 1836. Henry Ford bought it in 1924 and moved it back from the road, where it still stands today, surrounded by the Beaumont Hospital complex at Grand River and Eight Mile.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.