The Farmington Branch Library at State and Liberty streets was once the site of a flour mill. It was built in 1888 by German immigrant Louis Gildemeister, using $1,000 donated by local citizens, and stood until December 1962.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We’ll also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.