The original Farmington High School stood at the end of School Street, just off Grand River at the east side of downtown. It was built in 1888 and burned to the ground in 1918. The building at left in the modern photo is the soon-to-be-redeveloped Maxfield Training Center.
Historic photo from Farmington: A Pictorial History by Lee Peel. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.