The Peoples State Bank at 33312 Grand River (now Edward Jones Investments) opened in 1918 and closed during the Depression. For years, it served as Farmington’s city hall. “The clerk’s office is in the Farmington State Bank, the treasurer’s office depends on convenience, and the Commission meets in the basement,” reported the Farmington Enterprise in 1935.
Click here for the then-and-now slider.
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Room. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.