Farmington’s First Baptist Church, at Farmington Road and Shiawassee, was built in 1861 at a cost of $1,680. The intersection had been the main four corners of town until the 1850s, when Grand River became part of the stagecoach line—and the downtown moved south, to its current location.
33400 Shiawassee, Farmington
Historic photo from the Farmington Community Library Heritage Collection. Contemporary photo by Maria Taylor.
VINTAGE POINT is Preservation Farmington’s photo column, featuring an exclusive focus on Farmington history: a look at our city through the lens of time. Look for Vintage Point every other week in the Farmington Observer and Farmington Voice and on our Facebook and Twitter pages. We’ll also keep an archive of all past issues on our website under the Vintage Point tab.